We offer 3 competitive programs which are by invitation only. Please contact us if you would like more information. These programs are currently at the maximum number of participants.
There is also a recreational program which meets on Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 at Millidgeville North School.
NOTE: We currently have space available in the Recreational Program, no invitation required.
We follow the long-term athlete development (LTAD) program created by Badminton Canada.
Listed below are the programs and their objectives:
Learning to Train - Grade 4, 5, and 6
1. To develop fundamental badminton skills and physical literacy.
2. To enhance agility, balance, co-ordination and speed.
3. To introduce badminton specific skills and movements while developing endurance through fun activities.
Training to Train - Grade 7 and 8
1. Major fitness development phase with emphasis on aerobic development.
2. To work on developing technical skills.
Training to Compete - Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
1. To develop performance, optimizing fitness and recovery tailored to individual.
2. Concentrate on speed, strength, power, plyometrics, endurance, badminton skills and tactical training depending on what discipline the athlete competes in, such as singles, doubles or mixed doubles categories.
Active For Life - Grades 4 - 12
This is the recreation program, players should have a general knowledge of badminton.
3. Maintenance of Fitness.